Sunday, July 21, 2013

days < 20 -- preparing

piece of advice for future outbounds #5:
start saying goodbye to everyone you know way before you leave. it goes fast, and you don't know if or when you'll see them again.


everything is starting to become more real. I have my flight date, my departure time (see this updated countdown timer if you'd like to know when that is) and a list of things to do in the next two weeks.

my reaction? "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

---

anyway.
things that have happened in the last 10 days:
  • spending possibly my last days on the Pacific beach (and possibly any beach?) for the next year. Switzerland is landlocked, so I will probably miss the ocean.
  • also. in case I haven't mentioned it, I now have my itinerary. I will receive my visa and passport back soon, and then I'll basically have everything I need to leave!
  • going on one last family vacation before we leave. 
  • attempting to finish the Rosetta Stone level 2 in German... so close. Unfortunately, my microphone appears to have gone weird on me. Hopefully it will revive itself enough that I can finish!
  • other than that? not much. random philosophical discussions, Rotary meetings, etc., plus business with the last-minute complications of traveling.
that's it for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts? comments? questions? feedback? if you have anything (or nothing) to say, i'd love to hear from you! ♥