piece of advice for future exchange students #20:
sometimes your life will change.
deal with it.
as you read in the last update, I recently changed host families. for various different reasons, it hasn't been a very easy switch... add that to the fact that school started two days after i moved and the fact that semester is ending AND the fact that i need to pay for trips and book my flight back and coordinate with my other host families, and you get one extremely stressed-out Hannah.
so the past couple days have been a lot of "Hannah pull yourself together and get on with your life" and part of that includes getting on with my overdue blogging.
things i've done in the past 10ish days:
- finished my first two weeks with my new host family!
- successfully lived vegetarian
- (okay, i guess i should explain that last part.) for those of you who know me, you probably know that i like eating meat. and that i am not really a vegetarian type of person. BUT my new host mom is vegetarian and so I haven't eaten chicken or steak or ribs or any sort of meat besides lunch meat in the past one and a half weeks. yes, i know that's not super long. but it surprised me (in a good way).
- celebrated one of my friend's (Faith's) birthdays. All of us went to her house and had a sleepover. It was fun.
- said goodbye to the oldies. i miss them already. :(
- didn't do any traveling for a first time in a while... this was really really weird for me, actually. Normally I spend at least one day a week traveling through Switzerland, but my new host mom isn't super happy about that so I guess I'll be keeping my travel to a minimum here. :/
- met up with some exchange students and explored Basel. so that was fun.
- went to a Rotary meeting and met some more people. Every time I go, everyone continues to praise my German and say I'm so talented... while this might not exactly be true, it's nice for my self esteem haha.
- got our newbies!! ahhhh! we are now all oldie exchangers.
- watched Frozen with my little sister (from my first family).
- actually, that was probably the best part of my entire 10 days.
- also, i hung out with my old family. who i miss. a lot. <3