Tuesday, January 21, 2014

days > 160 -- continuing

piece of advice for future exchange students #20:
sometimes your life will change.
a lot.
deal with it.

as you read in the last update, I recently changed host families. for various different reasons, it hasn't been a very easy switch... add that to the fact that school started two days after i moved and the fact that semester is ending AND the fact that i need to pay for trips and book my flight back and coordinate with my other host families, and you get one extremely stressed-out Hannah.
so the past couple days have been a lot of "Hannah pull yourself together and get on with your life" and part of that includes getting on with my overdue blogging. 
::sigh::
here goes...

things i've done in the past 10ish days:
  • finished my first two weeks with my new host family!
  • successfully lived vegetarian
  • (okay, i guess i should explain that last part.) for those of you who know me, you probably know that i like eating meat. and that i am not really a vegetarian type of person. BUT my new host mom is vegetarian and so I haven't eaten chicken or steak or ribs or any sort of meat besides lunch meat in the past one and a half weeks. yes, i know that's not super long. but it surprised me (in a good way).
  • celebrated one of my friend's (Faith's) birthdays. All of us went to her house and had a sleepover. It was fun.
  • said goodbye to the oldies. i miss them already. :(
  • didn't do any traveling for a first time in a while... this was really really weird for me, actually. Normally I spend at least one day a week traveling through Switzerland, but my new host mom isn't super happy about that so I guess I'll be keeping my travel to a minimum here. :/
  • met up with some exchange students and explored Basel. so that was fun.
  • went to a Rotary meeting and met some more people. Every time I go, everyone continues to praise my German and say I'm so talented... while this might not exactly be true, it's nice for my self esteem haha.
  • got our newbies!! ahhhh! we are now all oldie exchangers. 
  • watched Frozen with my little sister (from my first family).
  • actually, that was probably the best part of my entire 10 days.
  • also, i hung out with my old family. who i miss. a lot. <3
byeeeeee!
hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts? comments? questions? feedback? if you have anything (or nothing) to say, i'd love to hear from you! ♥